How to Make a Circle Photo for Your Blog
Would you like to add a round photo to the sidebar of your blog? You can create a free account with Canva and get started with your custom image design.
Steps for Creating an About Me Photo
1. Go to Canva and create a free account.
2. On the Home page, you’ll see your profile info on the left side and some categories for design options. Click the Create a Design button.
3. On the right side of the screen, select Custom Dimensions.
4. For Albemarle PR templates, you will want to create an image that is 280 x 280 pixels. Anything larger will not fit in your blog sidebar.
5. Click Create New Design.
6. Select Elements on the left column and choose a circle from Frames. The style shown in the screenshot below does not include a border. You can pick from the other circle shapes if you’d like to include a colorful border around your photo.
You can click on the circle to make it fit the 280 x 280 pixel square better. Just make sure that you keep the circle equal dimensions (ex. 270 x 270 pixels.)
7. Upload your photo to Canva by going to Uploads on the left column. If you double-click on the photo, it will just sit over the circle shape. You will want to drag the photo and place it over the circle to get it to crop to a circle shape.
The photo that you upload must be larger than your circle. Increasing the size of a small photo to fit the circle will make it blurry.
8. To save your photo, go to Publish and select Download. If you want to save the photo with a transparent background, you will need to upgrade your Canva account. For a sidebar photo, though, it’s best to save the file as a JPG image with a white background.
9. Want your photo to load quickly on your blog? We recommend using the free site tinyjpg.com to create photos will smaller file sizes. This will help them load faster on your blog.
10. Now you’re ready to upload your photo to your blog using the image widget for your blog platform.