Your Blogger template comes with a widget that has been coded to display an email subscription widget on the sidebar. If you do not set up the form to connect to your Feedburner account, your visitors will receive an error. To use the form, you will need to create a free account with Feedburner.
1. From your Blogger Dashboard, go to Layout.
2. Under Sidebar-right-1, select the Follow by Email gadget.
3. A window will appear with the link for your feed. You may need to change this if you have an existing Feedburner email list. Click View stats and learn more.
4. Click the name of your site title.
5. The Feedburner page has several tabs to customize your RSS feed details. To activate the subscription form, click Publicize.
6. Click Email Subscriptions on the left column and then the Activate button. You’ll see prompts to copy and paste the code to create a subscription form. Your Blogger template already has the form setup with custom styling, so you can skip this.
7. To test your email subscription form, go back to your blog and add your email address. If the form is setup correctly, you’ll see a window like this:
You will receive an email that prompts you to activate your email subscription. Emails are sent daily so you will not receive blog updates immediately after you post new content.