How to Customize Your TPT Shop
Albemarle PR may earn a small commission for our endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support our work in bringing you real information about web and graphic design resources.
Customizing Your TPT Shop
Consider a shop title that does not include your grade level. As your shop grows, you will likely find that you want to offer products for a range of grade levels. You should also take time to research the existing shops on TPT. Your shop should have a unique name.
TPT Shop Images
After you setup a seller account, you’ll need to add custom shop images with your shop name.
It is important to have a cohesive look for images used for your brand. Your choice of colors, style, and tone are important. Followers should be able to recognize you when they view your social media pages, shop, and blog.
When you begin your search for color combinations, you can setup a private board on Pinterest to keep a collection of your favorites. Design Seeds is also a great place to get ideas.
Here are the dimensions for TPT shop images:
Banner Size: 706 x 90 pixels
Column Banner Size: 160 x 200 pixels
Profile Image: 250 x 250 pixels (will be cropped to circle)
Quote Banner: 452 x 157 pixels
Albemarle PR offers design services for custom TPT shop images. You can also download free TPT images.
Upload Custom Shop Banners
1. Click on your name and Dashboard.
2. Click the Marketing tab.
3. Click the Customize button to upload your custom shop banner.
4. Upload your TPT Shop Banner and Column Banner.
Upload Custom Profile Image
You will also want to upload a photo or custom profile image.
1. Click on your name and Dashboard.
2. Select My Account.
3. Under Store Profile, you can upload your custom profile image.
Upload Custom Quote Image
By default, the quote box is setup for you to type text. If you’d like to use an image instead, you will need to host your image on your blog or a site such as photobucket.com.
Product Cover and Preview Images
For each product, you will need to make a cover image. A cover image is what shoppers will see in search results and as the first image shown on your product pages. The text should be easy to read as shoppers scroll.
Commercial Use Fonts, Graphics, and Software
As a teacher producing products that you’ll sell, you will be required to purchase fonts and graphics with commercial use licenses. Some artists will state in their terms that you can use their products to create your own products that will be sold on TPT. However, it’s best to plan ahead and make sure your fonts and graphics can be used for additional commercial use items. Maybe you’ll want to expand your product offerings to your own website or another online marketplace like Etsy.
Also, you’ll want to pay close attention to the specific commercial use terms. For example…
- Can the products be used on both digital and physical products?
- Are there limits to the number of products you can sell using a set of clipart images?
- Does the artist require that you provide credit to them on your product listing and/or on a page included with a digital download?
- Although we provide design services for TPT logos, branding images, and blogs, we know that some of you will be interested in designing your own logos. Artists typically have separate terms for logo designs, so make sure you purchase any additional licenses if they are required.
For design software, we use Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat Pro. Adobe offers Adobe Creative Cloud for Educators at a discount or you can purchase the individual products you need.
My name is Laura and I'm a web designer that specializes in blog designs for teachers and mom bloggers.
Albemarle PR is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.