Select templates offered by Albemarle PR are offered as instant download templates. You will receive a ZIP file that contains your template files.
Before you install your new template, let’s walk through the steps of how to backup your old template and sidebar content.
BACKUP OLD TEMPLATE
Making a backup of your old template is optional.
1. From your Blogger Dashboard, go to Template.
2. Click on the Backup/Restore button.
3. Click the orange Download full template button.
4. A window will appear with a prompt to download a .XML file. You can name your file anything that you would like.
5. Save the file.
BACKUP WIDGET CONTENT
So now that you have saved a backup of your old template, you need to save the content of your blogger gadgets/widgets. Saving the .XML file does not save Text and HTML widgets. You may be using a Text or HTML widget for your ads, Pinterest board photos, Instagram photos, and custom text.
1. From your Blogger Dashboard, go to Layout.
2. Use a basic text editor such as Notepad to copy and paste your widget content.
3. Save photos to your computer.
INSTALL THE INSTANT DOWNLOAD TEMPLATE
You have received a ZIP file that contains images and a .XML file. The ONLY file that you will need to upload is the .XML file. You will need to extract the ZIP file contents using a compression software such as 7-ZIP. Free software for Windows and Mac is available online.
1. Extract the contents of the ZIP file and locate the .XML file.
2. From your Blogger Dashboard, go to Template.
3. Click on the Backup/Restore button.
4. A window will appear with a prompt to upload your template file. Upload the .XML template file.
TIP: Did you receive this error message?
We were unable to save your template. Your template could not be parsed as it is not wellformed. Please make sure that all XML elements are closed properly.
This message is telling you that Blogger was expecting a .XML file, but you uploaded something different. Double-check that you are only uploading the .XML file and not the entire .ZIP file. If you need assistance with installing your template, please contact Albemarle PR. We offer a free installation service for all templates purchased through us.