Add Social Media Icons to Blogger
Your Blogger template comes with a widget that has been coded to display social media icons. If you purchased your template prior to May 2016, please contact us to have this code added.
1. From your Blogger Dashboard, go to Layout.
2. Under Sidebar-right-1, select the Link List gadget. Some templates will have a title called “Connect.”
3. The Link List is coded to display icons based on the links that you add. You will add a title and link for each icon.
4. For the New Site Name, enter the title of your link. You can name it anything you’d like.
5. For the New Site URL, you must include one of the links below. You will add your custom ID so that it connects to your account. Note that you should also include the http:// at the beginning.
SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES
VIDEO, MUSIC AND PHOTOS
ENTERTAINMENT & NEWS
I have more than one link widget on my site. Which one do I add my social media links to?
If you have just recently installed an instant download template, the correct Link List will likely appear near the top of your sidebar when you go to Layout. If you add your links to a Link List widget that was not coded to show the icons, you’ll see a small icon next to your link title instead of the icons that appear on the template demo.
I deleted the Link List widget. How to I get it back?
If you purchased an instant download template, you can re-install your template. You’ll want to backup the Text and HTML widgets prior to installing the template again. We can also add the widget back for you once you’ve added Albemarle PR as an Admin on your site.
I’d like an icon that’s not listed above. How do I add it?
Please contact us to request a price quote.